Thursday, May 7, 2015

Success is not FINAL, FAILURE is not fatal. - Winston Churchill



     Today I was reading a fiction story and in the story a young woman was going for her  dream as a model. She did a photo shoot and built a portfolio, went on interviews with two agencies, and was simply ecstatic about the possibility of her dreams coming true.  She later received a call from one of the agencies saying that she was not accepted as one of their models and she was simply crushed. You could sense that for her the world had just ended and their was no hope of revival.  I honestly understood how she felt, I'm sure we can all relate in some form or fashion.

     But what I absolutely loved is what her husband told her after he found out that she did not get accepted to that agency. He said " You'll never succeed unless you fail. You have to keep trying.  Nobody can stop you but yourself.  If you really want it, you'll make it happen no matter what it takes."  Once I read that I found myself shouting yes out loud because it inspired me so and uplifted me in such a way.

     That line made something come alive in me in a way that I can't explain.  I myself have been doing a lot of things and felt like this isn't amounting to much. I too have been in the same position as that character down and ready to quit. But we all have to remember is that in order to get something you never had you gotta do something that you never done. So you may have to get a few doors closed in your face, you may have to go through the feeling of wanting to give up, you may have to be told by someone you don't have what they are looking for.

     All of those things happening simply make for a better story of triumph when you get to where you are going. Keep working at it even when you feel it's pointless. Keep pushing even when you're tired. Keep your head up especially when you wanna hold it down.  Ride the journey out until you get to the end, and once you do look back and be proud of the hard work it took to arrive to the finish line.

                                                                         Be cool. Be easy. Be inspired.
                                                                                         - Ivana Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment