Monday, January 12, 2015

Inspiration


     Inspiration is a very big part of pushing forward in anything you truly desire to do. It is always good to follows those who inspire you on social media. My reason for this is because reading things they post will keep you driven and pushing for greatness.  Last year I was on Facebook and I saw a video one of my friends posted that was a interview of Spike Lee.  In his interview Pharrell asked him about the filming of Malcolm X, and his reply was so inspirational I nearly jumped out of my chair ready to go to work. He began to talk about all the hard work Denzel put into the role and how he studied Malcolm X's work.
     He explained to the listeners that Denzel became Malcolm X and followed every practice he did in order to really capture the role. Denzel had captured the role so much so that he ended up adding words to Malcolm's speech in the movie not remembering a word when he was finished. Spike Lee went on to say that anything you do you have to put your all in it, and you have to give it everything you got in order for it to be great. He went on to say " Whatever it is you do whether it be art, music, writing, acting anything you do that you don't give 100% will become a fad but the stuff with real dedication in it is timeless." That excited me so I could almost jump up and down and shout YES!
     He was absolutely right! Denzel is another one who is very inspirational and is continuously encouraging young actors to go for their dream. But not to just go for it  but to go for it with everything you got, and also by maintaining a high level of spirituality.  These are two people who truly inspire me, so I follow them on any social media they may have and anytime they do interviews that I see anywhere I watch them. This helps to keep me driven, and alive, as well as excited about what I am going for.
     I hope that this helps you in one way or another and if you don't do anything else after reading this please do this one thing.  Find out who in your craft inspires you. After doing that find some of their work and pay attention to it, watch how they go beyond the limit with it. Then if they are on social media follow them. Lastly if they have any interviews on Youtube watch them, it's during interviews I have seen my inspirations say the most inspiring things.

  Hope this video gives you some inspiration.
                                - Ivana Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment