Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pushing The Limit




     Yesterday I wrote a song that to me was outstanding however when I let some of my closest friends hear it they said, "You can do better and make this song pop." This took me aback because to me this song was perfection, however when I went at it again it came out twenty times better than when I wrote it the first time. This time as I recorded it I was dancing, and really feeling the song because I made it come alive. Don't become complacent always push your work to the highest limits that you can. Even when you think you can't get any better know that there is always room for improvement, and it will come if you work at it.
     When I came at that song again and saw how nicely it came out, all I could do was smile the biggest smile. I was so proud of myself. I felt super accomplished. I told myself at first I can't do what they are asking of me, and almost shied away from it out of fear. But something in me was like "NO WE ARE DOING THIS!" Once I did it I danced to the song for at least an hour because I was so proud of myself. Never ever limit yourself because you don't know what you can do until go for a crack at it.
       As my late grandfather always said "If you try the first time and you don't succeed try try again."
                                                                                    Be encouraged.

                                                                                                         -Ivana Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment